Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Blog post for 5/19/15

Today was my second day of my intership and we basically hit the ground running. The project that Garret and I are working on is getting ready to replace about 50 machines in the schools. The county donated their old machines when they upgraded to new ones and we were had the task of preping them for deployment around the district. We started yesterday when Garret showed me the proccess, but today that is what I was doing all day. First I would open up the workstation and remove the displayport PCIe cards and replace them with DVI cards. I would then hook them up to our bench where we can image 9 at a time. Once I had all 9 ready to go I would start the ghostcast and load an image onto the machines. I would then join them to the domain and run updates that weren't covered by the image. I would then install Faronics virus scanner and then once it had updated and ran I would install and configure deep freeze. I did that from 7a to 2p and got most of them done while Garret delivered then ones we finished yesterday. Once my fingerprinting comes through I will be able to go with him to set them up in the schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment